Position Title: Water & Wastewater Supervisor
Name of Supervisor: Ed Bergsieker, Manager of Engineering
Salary Range: Minimum $47,580 Maximum $72,800
Working Hours: Monday-Friday, 7AM-4Pm
Type of Position: Full-time, Safety-Sensitive
Application Deadline: February 28, 2017
General Summary: The Supervisor of the Water & Wastewater Field Operations is responsible for the administration, operation and maintenance of all water and wastewater system field facilities operated by the Columbus Utilities. The Supervisor exercises direct authority over all water and wastewater system functions and personnel; organizes and directs all daily operation and maintenance activities; and recommends work for inclusion in the department’s capital improvements program.
Position Title: Maintenance Technician
Application Deadline: February 22, 2017
FLSA: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Salary: $12.43 – $17.75
Location: Columbus, Indiana
Ensures efficient and high quality airport facilities; performs preventative and regular maintenance. Performs a variety of skilled work in the construction, maintenance, repair and restoration of airport buildings, facilities and grounds; inspects facilities, machinery and equipment to determine maintenance needs; operates equipment and machines related to the work. Under direct supervision by the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician is able to work independently on assigned tasks and as a crew member with a common goal.
|JOB TITLE: Full-Time Police Officer|
|The City of Columbus Police Department is seeking motivated individuals who are interested in a career in law enforcement.|
|Application Deadline: March 15, 2017|
Requirements for Employment:
- Must be a United States citizen
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- A valid Indiana Driver's License
- Must successfully complete all phases of the hiring process to be considered for employment
- Must be at least 21 years old and not older than 35 years old when sworn-in
Click the link below for more information and an application.
Date of Request: November 30, 2016
Date Required: January 30, 2017
Department: Columbus City Utilities
Position Title: Manager of Finance & Business Operations
Name of Supervisor: Keith Reeves, Executive Director
Salary Range: Minimum $ 54,600 Maximum $ 88,400
Working Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Type of Position: Full-time
Application Deadline: December 30, 2016
• Prepare monthly report of finances for review by the Utility Service Board and Utilities staff
• Maintain and prepare claims and payments for vendors doing business with the department for approval by the Utility Service Board
• Work closely with the Clerk Treasurer of the City of Columbus in financial matters
• Be familiar with bond provisions and ensure full compliance
• Administer and make recommendations to the Utilities Service Board/Pension Committee regarding the department’s pension fund
• Work closely with the Indiana State Board of Accounts and the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission
• Work to ensure fair, accurate and timely billing and collection of all revenues due the Columbus City Utilities
• Manage the fair and equitable renting of agricultural properties owned by the Columbus City Utilities
• Perform other related duties as required
- A Kennel Assistant provides humane care and treatment to animals housed at the Columbus Animal Care Services Center; is responsible for operating and maintaining the facility on a daily basis including cleaning, proper feeding of animals, minor maintenance, intake of fines and fees, preparation of paperwork, and entering of data.
- In addition, the part-time Kennel Assistant serves as a receptionist for the Columbus Animal Care Services Center, greeting visitors and accepting payments; as an initial contact to the Center, the Kennel Assistant must be able to respond to complaints and requests for information.
- This is a part-time position and this employee is not provided with any benefits (such as health insurance, paid time off, etc.). This employee shall work no more than 1559 hours per year. A part-time Kennel Assistant will work, on average, 20-29 hours a week, but may work as many as 40 hours a week, as scheduling is flexible.