The City of Columbus Yard Waste Program runs from April thru December. We suggest City resident’s cut grass high and let the clippings remain on your lawn. This acts as a free fertilizer as well as a weed inhibitor.
- If you chose not to participate in the compost program you may bag your compost material and bring it to the compost site located at the City Garage. You will then empty your bags into the compost row and take your bags back with you.
- Grass, leaves, flowers, garden waste, weeds, pine needles/cones & green hedge trimmings placed in your green toter will be collected by City crew’s curbside only. (No household trash or anything woody.)
- Brown trash toters cannot be used for yard waste.
- Collection will be the day following your brown toter pickup; green toters must be out by 7:00 a.m.
- Material must be free from any other debris.
- Place the following bagged waste in your brown trash toter for collection:
- Fruit/gum ball
- Roots/vines/wood chips/rose bushes