Columbus Gymnstics Center will be CLOSED Friday, Sept. 4-Monday, Sept. 7 for the Labor Day weekend. There will be NO MOPS open gym on Friday the 4th, NO classes & NO open gyms sessions on Sat, Sept. 5th and NO classes & NO open gym sessions on Mon, Sept. 7th. Please enjoy the holiday weekend with friends & family!
Registration continues (for those classes that have an opening) through Sat, Aug. 29 for Fall Session 1 of classes. Fall Session 2 registration is also being taken. Fall Session 2 classes begin the week of Sept. 28.
Registration will continue through the second week of the session for classes that still have openings. You may register by phone with Visa or MasterCard by calling the Gymnastics Center at (812) 376-2545, Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. & Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. or call Donner Center, Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at (812) 376-2680. You can also register in person at the Gymnastics Center at 405 Hope Ave. or Donner Center at 739 22nd St. during the hours listed above. The class schedule and fees are listed in our 2015-2016 Fun Guide (gymnastics info begins on page 17 in the guide).
- Fun Walkers (Walkers-2 yrs.) 30 min.-see class description for Fun Tots 2 below
- Fun Tots 2 (2 yrs.) 30 min. Creative play through the sport of gymnastics with focus on the development of a toddler’s fine & gross motor skills using such items as balls, hoops, music, barrels & obstacle courses. Parent participation/supervision required.
- Fun Tots 3-4 (3-4 yrs.) 45 min. Continuation of the development of fine & gross motor skills such as balance, strength, coordination & body awareness. Intro to basic gymnastics skills such as rolls, balance beam, bars & trampoline thru the use of obstacle courses, parachute play, music and stations.
- Adv. Fun Tots 4 (4 yrs.) 45 min. Instructor Referral Required More emphasis placed on basic gymnastics skills on the Olympic apparatus - bars, balance beam, floor exercise, vaulting and trampoline. Skills sheets to test children’s mastery of skills are used in this class. Combination of skills introduced.
- Kids Fun 3 (5-7 yrs.) 45 min. Pre-cursor to beginning gymnastics with an emphasis on skills & sequences of skills on Olympic apparatus - bars, balance beam, floor exercise, vaulting & trampoline. Skills sheets to test children’s mastery of skills are used.
- Kids Fun 4 (5-7 yrs.) 45 min. Instructor Referral Required Class for kids that need new challenges. Skill enhancement is based on having mastered the skills in Kids Fun 3.
- Boys (5-12 yrs.) 45 min. A beginner skills class for boys only. Skills taught on bars, floor exercise, vaulting & trampoline.
- Girls 1-2 (8-15 yrs.) 60 min. For girls with no previous gymnastics experience. Beginning level skills taught on Olympic apparatus - uneven bars, balance beam, floor exercise, vaulting & trampoline. Skills sheets to test mastery of skills are used.
- Girls 3-4 (8-15 yrs.) 60 min. - Instructor Referral Required. For girls who have passed the skills taught in Girls 1-2. More advanced level skills taught on all Olympic apparatus.
- Back Handspring (6-15 yrs) - 45 min. Participants will concentrate on progressions leading up to back handsprings, round-off back handsprings, drills & conditioning.
- Tumbling (5-7 yrs-45 min), (8-15 yrs-60 min) Beginning thru advanced level skills on floor exercise (cartwheels, handstands, walkovers, round-offs )
- Cheer Basics (7-12 yrs.) 45 min. Class will cover basic cheer skills: voice, motions, jumps, basic tumbling & short cheers.
Scholarships are available. Call (812)376-2680, Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. for more information.