Registration is now being taken for Summer Session 1 of classes. Classes begin on May 30. Registration will continue through June 3 for classes that still have openings.
Registration will continue through the second week of the session for classes that still have openings. You may register by phone with Visa or MasterCard by calling the Gymnastics Center at (812) 376-2545, Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. & Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. or call Donner Center, Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at (812) 376-2680. You can also register in person at the Gymnastics Center at 405 Hope Ave. or Donner Center at 739 22nd St. during the hours listed above. The class schedule and fees are listed in our 2017-2018 Fun Guide (gymnastics info begins on page 16 in the guide).
*Gym Buddies (ages 3-7)-30 min. Special needs gymnastics classes. These classes are designed to allow our athletes that have sensory & special needs time in the gym. Our instructors are trained to help athletes develop in many areas including muscle development, creative movements & social development. (Parent/co-adult required at all times)
- Fun Walkers (Walkers-2 yrs.) 30 min.-see class description for Fun Tots 2 below
- Fun Tots 2 (2 yrs.) 30 min. Creative play through the sport of gymnastics with focus on the development of a toddler’s fine & gross motor skills using such items as balls, hoops, music, barrels & obstacle courses. Parent participation/supervision required.
- Fun Tots 3-4 (3-4 yrs.) 45 min. Continuation of the development of fine & gross motor skills such as balance, strength, coordination & body awareness. Intro to basic gymnastics skills such as rolls, balance beam, bars & trampoline thru the use of obstacle courses, parachute play, music and stations.
- Adv. Fun Tots 4 (4 yrs.) 45 min. Instructor Referral Required More emphasis placed on basic gymnastics skills on the Olympic apparatus - bars, balance beam, floor exercise, vaulting and trampoline. Skills sheets to test children’s mastery of skills are used in this class. Combination of skills introduced.
- Kids Fun 3 (5-7 yrs.) 45 min. Pre-cursor to beginning gymnastics with an emphasis on skills & sequences of skills on Olympic apparatus - bars, balance beam, floor exercise, vaulting & trampoline. Skills sheets to test children’s mastery of skills are used.
- Kids Fun 4 (5-7 yrs.) 45 min. Instructor Referral Required Class for kids that need new challenges. Skill enhancement is based on having mastered the skills in Kids Fun 3.
- Boys (5-12 yrs.) 45 min. A beginner skills class for boys only. Skills taught on bars, floor exercise, vaulting & trampoline.
- Girls 1-2 (8-15 yrs.) 60 min. For girls with no previous gymnastics experience. Beginning level skills taught on Olympic apparatus - uneven bars, balance beam, floor exercise, vaulting & trampoline. Skills sheets to test mastery of skills are used.
- Girls 3-4 (8-15 yrs.) 60 min. - Instructor Referral Required. For girls who have passed the skills taught in Girls 1-2. More advanced level skills taught on all Olympic apparatus.
- Back Handspring 1 & 2 (8-15 yrs) - 45 min. Participants will concentrate on progressions leading up to back handsprings, round-off back handsprings, drills & conditioning. (instructor referral required for Back Handspring 2)
- Tumbling (5-7 yrs-45 min), (8-15 yrs-60 min) Tumbling 1 & Tumbling 2-Beginning thru advanced level skills on floor exercise (cartwheels, handstands, walkovers, round-offs ) (instructor referral required for Tumbling 2)
- Cheer Basics (7-12 yrs.) 45 min. Class will cover basic cheer skills: voice, motions, jumps, basic tumbling & short cheers.
Scholarships are available. Call (812)376-2680, Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. for more information.