Call to Order
1) Roll Call – Tom Vujovich, Rich Stenner, and George Van Horn, Steve Champion in attendance. Matt Souza and Jim Lienhoop are absent but have quorum.
2) Staff – Ed Curtin
3) Guests – Terry Coriden, Boris Ladwig, & Sharon Renfro.
4) Approve minutes
a. 8-4-08 – minutes - Motion to approve minutes by Mr. Stenner, seconded by Mr. Van Horn. Approved unanimously.
5) Grant Request for security cameras in Jackson Street garage – Security system would be used for additional protection of the users of the facility. Ed met with Allan Trisler and vendors who provide the systems. The came back with a proposal of $31,000 to be able to implement and install the cameras into garage. It will include 16 cameras and is 30 day net. It is digital. It has the ability to be pulled up at the police station so they can monitor from there. We do not know if they will monitor it as an ongoing operation. Currently it is being patrolled on a regular or irregular basis. The cameras would be located on every level at every stairway all the entrances and looking down Jackson and 4th Street.
a. The request is for the cost of $31,000 for cameras and to install. The installation period could take place within a 30 day period. The motion to approve a request by Mr. Van Horn. Seconded by Rich Stenner. Approved unanimously.
6) Grant Request for tenant build out in Jackson Street Garage – The request is for $250,000 to help them get started and get the work completed as quickly as possible. The public announcement would be able to be made within the next 2-3 weeks. This is to get everyone to a starting point for there actual build out for there retail space. Motion is made by Mr. Van Horn for approval. Second by Mr. Skinner. Approved unanimously.
7) Adoption of return check and ACH returns – This is just in case we have an issue with those who haven’t paid or are having problems paying. Once the policy is adopted then we will distribute copies to all the lease holders of the spaces in the garage and to those who want a space in the garage. This is done by either emailed first then by mailing if needed. Motion for approval by Mr. Stenner and seconded by Mr. Van Horn. Approved unanimously.
8) Approve claims – We have 5 dockets to claim. The billings are what we expected and they did the work as we anticipated. Motion by Mr. Stenner for approval of claims seconded by Mr. Van Horn. Approved unanimously.
9) None at this time
10) Director's report – Ed continues to meet with the developer who is interested in building the apartments downtown. Hope to come to some conclusion by the end of this week. With the second garage we would like to put notices in the paper toward the end of the month so we can begin the bidding process. We have a weighting scale hearing on the Sept. 18th to establish the weight traits and that would be incorporated into the project as well as a negotiated labor agreement. We are ready to have the documents ready and we should have the first half placed by Sept. 25th. The next half a week later and then we would open bids on Oct. 13th and within a week be able to work the project. 4th and Jackson garage: We are at 85 spaces left. Someone wants 75 of those spaces. Our goal is to have access and revenue control on that garage so that it can become more limited as to who’s coming and who’s going. We see both garages being operated using the same system and software. Sharon is working to see how much that will cost. Ed is talking with Columbus Philharmonic on having an event on the top of the garage this month. There is a practical limitation to having events on the garage. It has to do with the number that we can accommodate on that garage without having additional fire suppression.
Call to Order