Call to Order
1) Roll Call—Tom Vujovich, Jim Lienhoop, and Rich Stenner
Absent—Matt Souza, George Van Horn, and John Anderson
Guests—Kristi Putnam, Nicole McDermid, Ann DeVore, Paul Minnis, Dave Hayward, and Kristen Brown
2) Approval of Minutes
a. July 12, 2010—Motion to approve the minutes was made by Rich Stenner and seconded by Jim Lienhoop. Motion was approved unanimously.
3) Revised Economic Development Plan Confirmatory Resolutions—This is the 4th step in process to amend the Economic Development Plan. The intent is to respond to sports tourism in the community and to participate in any sports tourism projects. This is not expanding the TIF areas. A public hearing was opened up. We did not have anyone who spoke. We did not receive any for or against comments from the public through phone or email.
a. Airport—Motion to adopt the resolution amending the Economic Development Plan for the Airport TIF area was made by Jim Lienhoop and seconded by Rich Stenner. Resolution was adopted.
b. Central Area—Motion to adopt the resolution amending the Economic Development Plan for the Central TIF area was made by Jim Lienhoop and seconded by Rich Stenner. Resolution was adopted.
4) Open Proposals for feasibility study—Several companies have requested an extension for submitting proposals. We will make a recommendation at the next commission meeting to accept a proposal. During this time we will receive and come up with a recommendation for the commission members. A motion to table this item until next commission meeting was made by Jim Lienhoop and seconded by Rich Stenner. Motion was approved unanimously.
5) Approve PER Resolution—This is the middle step in the application process to ask the state for funding to remediate the Former Wood Treatment Plant. The grant would be for $350,000 that would come from HUD. Motion to adopt this resolution was made by Rich Stenner and seconded by Jim Lienhoop. Resolution was adopted.
6) Claims—There were two dockets of claims. Motion to approve the claims as submitted was made by Rich Stenner and seconded by Jim Lienhoop. Motion was approved.
7) None at this time
8) Staff Report—Commons is moving forward. The Cole is submitting their plans to HUD. We are working on getting bid proposals for a Market Feasibility Study for the Indoor Sports Complex. We are working on developing the designs for the Outdoor Sports Complex and Borrow Site. Several developers are asking about the downtown area.