Call to Order
1) Roll Call—Tom Vujovich, Jim Lienhoop, George Van Horn, Rich Stenner
Absent—Matt Souza, Dr. Steve Champion
Guest—Max Lemley, Joel Markland, Trena Carter, Terry Coriden, Ben Wagner, Paul Minnis, Dave Hayward, Kristen Brown, Sharon Renfro, Corey Carr, Ann DeVore, Lynn Lucas
2) Approval of Minutes—Motion to approve the minutes was made by Jim Lienhoop and seconded by George Van Horn. Motion was approved unanimously.
a. May 3, 2010
3) Preliminary Engineering Report Acceptance Resolution—Joel Markland presented. This is a step in the process to solicit funds for the remediation of the former Wood Preserving Site. This is what will be done to the site for remediation of contaminants. The investigations are continuously being looked at by the state. There will be a final report from the state after the remediation is complete. The motion is to accept the report for submission to the state was made by Jim Lienhoop and seconded by Rich Stenner. Motion was approved unanimously. Resolution was adopted. Another motion was made to resend the previous motion in order to allow for written public statements until next meeting was made by George Van Horn and seconded by Jim Lienhoop. Motion was approved unanimously.
4) Revised Economic Development Plan Declaratory Resolutions—Took a look at the Economic Development Plans to see if they needed to be changed in order to participate in any sports tourism efforts that the community has. In reviewing the documents we have determined to add language to both plans to include sports tourism. The language has been modified in both plans. It is the beginning of a 4 step process to being amended.
a. Airport—Motion was made by George Van Horn and seconded by Jim Lienhoop. Motion was approved unanimously. Resolution was adopted.
b. Central Area—Motion was made by Jim Lienhoop and seconded by George Van Horn. Motion was approved unanimously. Resolution was adopted.
5) Open RFP’s—There were 3 requests for proposals at the last meeting. They are being taken under advisement.
a. 4th Street—Janssen & Spaans Engineering, Strand & Assoc., Christopher Burke
b. Outdoor Sports—Ratio
c. Ski Lake Site—Brown & Day, Christopher Burke, Michael Van Valkenburgh.
6) Claims—2 dockets of claims. Motion was made by Rich Stenner and seconded by George Van Horn. Motion was approved unanimously.
7) None at this time
8) Staff Report—Will be taking the Economic Development Plan s for the Airport and Central Area to City Council. Giving a few presentations about the downtown area.