Call to Order
1) Roll Call—Tom Vujovich, Rich Stenner, Jim Lienhoop, and Matt Souza
Absent—George Van Horn, Dr. Steve Champion
Guests—Kristi Belcher, Sharon Renfro, Paul Minnis, Terry Coriden, Ben Wagner, Ann DeVore, Dave Hayward, Chip Orben, Lynn Lucas, Alan Gultra, Kristen Brown, Max Lemley, Mark Jones, Jim Deeds
2) Approval of Minutes—Motion to approve minutes was made by Rich Stenner and seconded by Matt Souza. Minutes were approved unanimously.
a. April 5, 2010
3) Fee based parking in garages—This is a continuation from last month’s discussion. It was asked to come back with the total expenses for the garages. There is about $294,000 in income and about $230,000 in expenses to total about $64,000 in revenue. It is recommended to implement a fee structure of the 1st three hours free with $1/hour with a max. of $8/day. Ultimately, CDI will be implementing the fee base parking. Motion to move forward with purchasing the equipment was made by Rich Stenner and seconded by Matt Souza. Motion was approve unanimously. Motion to recommend the fee base structure to CDI while revisiting the item in 6months with analysis was made by Matt Souza and seconded by Jim Lienhoop. Motion was approved unanimously.
4) Blackwell Soccer Complex—This is to provide more infrastructure to accommodate state and regional competitions. The Economic Development Plan in the Central TIF area will need to be amended. There was a unanimous sense to move forward on this issue.
5) Property transfer—There were no bids received from the legal ad to purchase the REMC property. This leaves the property to the commission. Motion was to pass a resolution to transfer the REMC property to CDI with conditions. Motion was made by Matt Souza and seconded by Rich Stenner. Motion was approved unanimously.
6) Request for Proposals for professional services for planning, permitting and construction documents for the Ski Lake Complex and Outdoor Sports Complex—This allows for both to be done simultaneously in order for them to accommodate each other. There was a unanimous sense to move forward on the projects.
7) Request for Proposals for professional services for 4th Street Reconstruction—This is consistent with the Development Plan and supports dense activity in the area. 80% of the funding is coming from the MPO. There was a unanimous sense to move forward on this project.
8) Claims—There were two dockets of claims. Motion to approve the claims were made by Rich Stenner and seconded by Matt Souza. Motion was approved unanimously.
9) None at this time
10) Staff Report—Continuing with the Commons. Still on schedule to open end of February/beginning of March 2011. Moving ahead with the Cole. Looking to start construction in late summer 2010. Will be cleaning up the site within the next couple weeks. Will have updates on the Indoor Sports Complex next month.